It’s been a couple months since I posted a beauty haul but since I always enjoy sharing the new products I purchase, I’m going make it a monthly series. I had planned on filming a video for my August beauty haul but didn’t get around to it this time. For sure next month!
Most of these products are new or new to me. There are a couple though that are products I already use and I just needed to repurchase them.
August Beauty Haul:
- Colourpop lip colors – I had yet to try any Colourpop lip products and since I’m a big fan of their eyeshadows I though I would give them a try. I was more interested in the glossy and satin lip lines since I already have a few matte liquid lipsticks. To be honest, I a glossy lip is more my style! On that note… I was impressed with the ultra glossy lip. It was not sticky at all, as some glosses can be, and I would definitely purchase more.The shades I got were Panda, Spritz, Casino, Finders Keepers, and Master Plan. My favorite shade from the satin lip was Panda (you can see it on me here). And my favorites from the glossy were casino and Finders Keepers.
- Colourpop Eyeshadows – As you know, I already use their shadows and had to add a couple to my order. I haven’t used all the colors yet except for Beverly, which I love. I was actually surprised at the color once it was applied to the lid. It looks much darker in the pot than on the skin, but It’s perfect for me. I’m going to be posting a look with it next week so be on the look out for that! Stereo is actually darker on the skin than in the pot. It is almost a black shade with a hint of burgundy. This is going to be gorgeous on for fall. The gold shadow I purchased is Blaze.
- L’oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation – I purchased this because I actually really like the pro-matte foundation despite not being a fan of matte foundations. This one however, was a total miss for me! First off, it smelled very weird to me. Almost like rubbing alcohol. After that it was basically all down hill. I know it is a light to medium coverage foundation but It was just a little to light coverage for me. And even though it was light coverage I could still feel it too much on my skin, which I didn’t care too much for. Needless to say, I took it back after just that one application.
- Urban Decay Moondust Palette – You may remember me talking about this palette a few weeks ago. I’m a sucker when it comes to sparkly shadows and this palette had a good set of colors.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Chrome – I haven’t made up my mind on how I feel about this product yet. I used it once and just couldn’t figure it out. I applied it using my finger but the color payoff was not as strong as when you apply it directly on your lid using the wand. However, when I used the wand directly, I couldn’t get it to look right. I am going to give this another shot and maybe watch a how-to video on it before I make up my mind.
- It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream – As you know, this is my favorite moisturizer to use. I use it both morning and night to make sure my skin feels and looks hydrated!
- It Cosmetics Eyelift in a Tube – I just made a post about this product earlier this week. I had been using the Bye Bye Under Eye concealer and wanted to try this out to help brighten up the under eye area and not just conceal. It fixed the issue I was having with the color of the concealer.
Have you guys tried out any of these products before? What was your favorite beauty purchase of the month?