There is nothing better than fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella in summer. It’s so light, refreshing, and not to mention good for you! Tomatoes have this special anti-oxidant that helps fight cancer forming cells and other diseases, and helps protect your heart. Tomatoes also help keep your digestive track healthy, and keep your skin and hair looking healthy. Now doesn’t that make you want to go eat a tomato right now? O.K. back to the recipe. Did I mention there was ciabatta bread (my weakness) involved?
This Bruschetta recipe is super easy, perfect for summer and a great appetizer for when you have your friends and family over.
- Fresh basil
- 6 or 7 roma tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Ciabatta bread
1. Pre-heat oven to 450
2. Dice the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, and put them in a bowl.
3. Add garlic into bowl.
4. Roll basil leaves (about 10) and thinly slice. Add to bowl.
5. Add about 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste and mix.
6. Slice ciabatta bread and place in the oven for a few minutes to lightly toast it.
7. Rub the bread generously with the garlic cloves and top each slice with tomatoes and mozzarella that you have already made Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!
OMG these look so yummy! I love bagel pizzas and bruschetta and this seems to be a sort of mix of the two. LOL. Thanks for the awesome recipe. xo
That recipe definitely needs to make an appearance at my next party!