Back in August, I made a Lashify first impressions post. I mentioned how I had been following them on Instagram for a while and finally pulled the trigger and purchased a control kit. It took me a few months of seeing what it was all about to finally make the decision! Now that I’ve had some time to wear the lashes and figure out the best application that works for me, I wanted to share with you some tips I’ve learned along the way.
If you’re familiar with their facebook group, Lashify Life, then you know that there are many different techniques that can be used during application. However, no all methods work the same for everyone. It can get a bit overwhelming reading the different products everyone uses and all the ways they can be applied.
There are also so many tips and suggestions on the page that I figured making a video with some basic, but very, helpful tips, would come in handy. Especially for beginners!
Below is a rundown of my 5 Lashify application tips, but be sure to watch the video for a full explanation of my tips!
5 Lashify Application Tips
- Do not apply gossamer too close to the lash line. This is definitely something you need to be aware of when applying the lashes! Doing this will damage your own natural lashes, which defeats the purpose of using Lashify.
- Do not use too much glue. There are a couple reasons you don’t want to do this. One of them being that you will end up getting fuzz or dust stuck on there. And, they actually last longer when you don’t pile on the glue.
- Do not fuse too hard. This is super important! I did this for my first application and learned right away it was the wrong thing to do. This can cause damage to your lashes and cause them to fall out. You want to just fuse lightly enough where the arms of the wand touch each other, or just use your fingers to lightly fuse.
- Wash your face using a face brush or towel. In order to avoid getting too much water on your lashes when showering, wash your face first. I like to use the face brush to clean my face and it makes things so much easier.
- Use a spoolie. I like to use a spoolie for different things throughout my application. I use it with the pre cleanse to make sure my lashes are clean before applying the gossamers. And, I also use it with the melt away when I am ready to remove them. I found this much more helpful than rubbing a cotton ball on my lashes to try to remove the gossamer. Definitely more gentle.
I hope these tips help you guys out while trying to perfect your Lashify application!
Don’t forget, you can save $20 off your first kit!